Thursday, September 16, 2010

Today was Ashley's first soccer game. Their team has had only two practices before this game and I was worried. Turns out that our team whooped the other team 6-1. Ashley did a fantastic job at getting the ball away from the other team. At one point early in the game, she got injured and we told her she was fine and to just walk it off. Boy did we feel bad when she took her sock off and had her big toenail ripped off and hanging by a thread. I was surprised at how well she played after that happened. We had such a fun time and YES, we were the loud people cheering the team on. We later asked Ashley if she was embarrassed and she said it was kinda nice hearing us cheering them on.

Goofing off before the BIG game.


Macey is in the middle Ashley is on the Right. Macey is one of Leia's best friends. Ashley and her are getting to be really good friends too. I'm glad I can share some pics with Leia. I know she sure misses her a lot.
A little practice before the game. I was worried they'd be too tired to play all the running around before hand. I know I'd be dead. Bill reminded me they were kids and could run like that for hours.
Ashley  is in the middle of this mess trying to get the ball.  I can't tell you how exciting this game was.(OK maybe we don't get out much.) It was so amazing and such an adrenalin rush to witness the action. I was extremely proud of the whole team.
Game over.
GOOD GAME!!!!!!!!!!
We celebrated with a trip to DQ with Mom and Dave.
Such a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment