Sunday, February 6, 2011

After yesterday I decided I'm a wimp and WILL get an epidural. I was in so much pain I thought I was in labor. If they would have offered me one, I would have jumped on it. I started feeling bad during the night and by morning I was miserable. I went to get checked out before going to work and after running all kinds of tests and lab work they decided I just had a stomach virus. I felt sorry for the third shift tech who had me for the last half hour of her shift. Just when things are winding down she got me. I puked twice on her, poor thing, had her running all over taking care of me. The baby's and my heart rate were super high,so they kept me  for observation about 4 hours. When they dismissed me, the nurse said I could take Tylenol PM for the pain and let me tell you that knocks you on your butt good. I woke up feeling much better though. Today I'm just taking it easy. I don't know why the baby's heart rate was on average 180-205 pretty much the whole time I was there.  The normal supposedly is 120-160. I had to quit looking at the Internet because,makes you think of everything that could be wrong. I'm just trusting the Dr.'s judgement and hoping the baby's heart rate was  high,because mine was, due to being in so much pain. By the time I left it was down to about 164 for at least 45 min. and they felt it was safe for me to leave. I have another Dr.'s appointment on Wed, so we'll see what he thinks we should do.

Thanks Mom and Dave for helping me out. They took good care of  me. I couldn't have made it without them. I just hope they don't get sick too.

No comments:

Post a Comment