Friday, August 13, 2010

Ashley's first day of school went good. She was a little upset that they didn't learn anything and that she didn't have any homework. She asked me if I'd give her some. I told her yeh ,you can work on cleaning your room, it's at home and it's going to take a lot of work. She didn't think that was very funny. She complained that she could hear Mr. Smiths class learning. I told her if anything they were just reviewing. She really wanted to be in Mr. Smiths class, plus some of her best friends ended up being in there. Personally I'm glad that they are separated. She is at the moment sitting between two of the sweetest twins. They are cute little redheads too, and I know they come from a really great family. Ashley spent the night and had a pool party at their house this summer. I hope they become even closer friends.

Last night Ashley wanted to take her lunch to school in her new lunch box. Bill found one that is deniem cloth with some patches and the letter A on it. Of course we had to get it for her. So last night she put her own lunch together and then this morning was so excited to put it in the bag and carry it to school. You should have seen her. Oh the little things that make her happy. I can't help but smile all the time.

I wish all kids could be so happy and innocent. I just found out last night some shocking news about one of her best friends. I almost started crying in the store. The person just told me out of concern since the two are so close and that they live right around the corner. I asked if it happened with her new Step Dad or her real Dad. She didn't know, but I guess the Mom knew and did nothing about it. I'm thinking it's the Dad, cause why would she still be living here? Regardless I have no respect for the Mom at all. Being a teacher must be the most heartbreaking jobs. I don't know if I could deal with knowing what some kids are sent home too. Ashley doesn't know who, but I told her if anyone told her a  bad secret to let me know about it ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment